This 1980s Tamiya Promotional Video Rules: F-150, Sand Scorcher, and Rough Rider

There are some things that I find myself wanting in waves and I am guessing most of you have felt this way, too. Some days you wake up and think, “Today I’m gonna buy X,Y, or Z thing.” By the time you go to bed you have talked yourself out of it or just not pulled the trigger for one of 100 different reasons. That’s exactly where I am on scoring an old school or at least a modern version of the old school Tamiya remote control cars and trucks I wanted so bad as a kid. My problem is that I’m never home to use the thing and when I am home I am normally busy doing stuff that would leave me staring at the R/C car as it rotten on a shelf. Adulthood!

The connection/fascination I have for these things definitely got going in the 1980s and seeing the ads for the vehicles in magazines and videos I’d beg my parents to buy me. The Clod Hopper, The Lunch Box, the F-150 seen here, etc. All of that junk completely sucked me in. So hard that I see these videos now and think, “I NEED one of those!” The F-150 is awesome in this video. The looks, the stance, the wheels, and to see it zipping around on the sand dunes is even better.

Maybe it is just me but watching these old videos makes me really itchy to hit the Tamiya website and buy something…something that I’d likely regret down the road.

Press play below to see this 1980s promo film for the Tamiya R/C trucks –

The post This 1980s Tamiya Promotional Video Rules: F-150, Sand Scorcher, and Rough Rider appeared first on BangShift.com.


https://ift.tt/Ulaf1cE
from BangShift.com https://ift.tt/DACHxup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tre5 Customs OBS Chevy Feature: Red On Red On Red On Red…

Check Out This 6×6 Engesa EE-25 Army Truck And It’s Freaky Boomerang Rear Suspension In Action

FAST LSXR INTAKE TEST-IS IT WORTH $1000? HOW MUCH HP DOES IT ADD? LSXR VS CHEAP, JUNKYARD TRUCK INTAKE